The Dispatcher is responsible for managing the drivers’ performance for maximum productivity while providing excellent customer service, driver satisfaction, and safety.
This position is 8:00am – 5:00pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate on behalf of the drivers to ensure open lines of communication with other departments and customers.
- Plan and assign loads to drivers based on designated routes, locations, and customer needs.
- Monitor and manage the driver’s time to ensure excellent customer service and DOT compliance.
- Communicate with office and shop personnel on topics like human resource issues, payroll, benefits, equipment defects, etc.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner which reflects Minero values and facilitates the success of the business.
- Any other reasonable related job duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous transportation dispatch related experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of DOT regulations: HOS, Weight, Hazmat regulations etc. preferred.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Flexible and able to handle changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills- Great attention to detail.
- Works well with short notice changes and high stress situations.
- REQUIRED – COMPUTER & APPLICATION SOFTWARE EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have experience and proficiency with the following computer operating systems and application programs: Microsoft Windows (Operating System), Microsoft Office Applications, Word (Word Processing), Excel (Spreadsheets), and Outlook (Email)
- Schedule: Monday – Friday with the occasional weekend & holiday rotation
- Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Hours may vary depending on workload. May need to come in early/stay late, if needed)
- Medical & Dental Benefits available on the first of the month after 60 days of employment
- Life Insurance and 401K offered
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Dispatching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Transportation Knowledge: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person